pop-up

HUGOLÓ MUSIC updates via Facebook. Just click the LIKE BUTTON, thanks!

[DYR #7] DANNY TENAGLIA - DIBIZA (BRING THE DRUMS BACK) & MUSIC IS THE ANSWER

Today Danny Tenaglia has decided to quit producing and djing all over the world. Bad news, but after reading his "goodbye note" we should be happy for him because it seems he has fulfilled most of his musical dreams and after nearly 30 years he needs time for other aspects of his life:
Dear Friends, please, just LET me BE, LET me BE! >> The Time Has Come for ME to "finally" BE MYSELF!! :) I have been telling people for so many years now to JUST BE YOURSELF!! But for me, being myself was living with 1 foot in a closet and 1 outside "trying" to BE the happiest DJ on Earth, which I have been, and give the World the best I had to Give because I know how happy I have made people with the gift of music from GOD and this has been a great blessing .... so I simply Could Not Stop!! Since everything has CHANGED since I first realized I wanted to BE a DJ forever like playing records" and getting a job in nightclubs back in the early 70's (gag) and now here I am at 51, been around the world many times, put over One Million Miles in the sky, 3 full Passports and my Heart has been YEARNING for something New & Different besides music. BUT, as I have been trying to STOP and make BIG changes like finally calling my home in Miami since 2006 HOME, but was always to busy between NY residencies and travels and it's been getting the best of me lately. Airplanes, Airports, Hotels, Foreign-isms, and what can I say: I HAVE SEEN THE MOUNTAINTOP as a DJ and I just need to STOP and smell the roses of my life and simply try to "Grow Up and BE who I really am" but "everything" - including the need for finances to afford my Loft of 10 years in NY which I can no longer afford and must let go of by July . . . I know many people think I am wealthy but I assure I am not! I have lived well and have very nice things to show for my earnings, but I cannot stop working!! When I say I have been writing for the past 5 days, it has been DEEP!! I kept starting over and over and it's turned into a major journal and sooooo much of this I promise I want to share with ALL of you, The Good and The Bad, but thankfully it's mostly good! ON my way home on Wed from DR & Montreal I was having a bad day as I had a head cold, and there's no enjoyment in an airplane or in a hotel room out of the country with a headcold .... anyhow, I was traveling back to Miami alone as my co-workers flew back to NY and I was just looking out the window the whole flight and for 3 hours I was just thinking HOW AM I EVER GOING TO PROPERLY RESIGN (not retire) . . . And when I got home I realized I left a small carry on murse bag with many personal things, keys, passport and so on and at first all I could feel was FURY!! I tried everything between Lost & Found and the car service, but as my ID was in there and now 6 days later no return, well all I can say is that THIS has been The Revelation that I needed to say: LADIES & GENTLEMEN: As of this day, I am "resigning" (not retiring) and all future gigs will sadly BE canceled except for My Belated Birthday @ Pacha on Sat April 28th! This will BE my final gig until I feel I am ready to return back to the decks. This is thee hardest decision I have ever had to make in my career, but if not now, then when?? I apologize to all parties involved but I think most people that know me personally know that this has been coming! I have performed at WMC 26 years in a row! I have played every year in Ibiza since 2000! It's time for ME to Stop and settle down, move out from the loft which will BE a very MAJOR ordeal . . . OMG!! I have soooooooooo much STUFF!!! There is no way I can do all this and travel and have a life . . . Only I can make the decisions of what stays and what goes, including what I will do with over 10,000 records, etc etc etc ....... SO in closing: I LOVE YOU ALL and I just wanna Thank U 4 Lettin me BE MYSELF all these years, and now I beg you to please continue with me in my journey and my quest for something new and wonderful. I will never give up my first love with MUSIC, but there has to BE something else (or someone) out there waiting for me! :) >> I promise to keep updating here, but I needed to do this today - in order to BE FREE & BE ME!! Please BE kind, this has not been easy and I am a very sensitive person. God BE with US all! See you soon!! :)
Good luck and congrats for such a successful musical career from Hugolo Music. I want to play again some of my favourites tracks from you: one created with Celeda (in 1998!) and Dibiza, a drum overdose!


Danny Tenaglia & Celeda - Music is the Answer on Youtube


Danny Tenaglia - Dibiza (Bring the drums back) Kick ass mix on Youtube and Soundowl (Download)

No comments:

Post a Comment